Dear Mark Zuckerberg & Facebook,
I see you launched a French flag to go with our profile pictures. That’s nice of you. But I would also like to see:
– An Afghan flag, because in Afghanistan civilian deaths from violence amount to more than 3000 per month in the last years (on average).
– An Iraqi flag, because in Iraq civilian deaths from violence amount to more than 1000 per month in the last years (on average).
– A Syrian flag. Syria is the country which is ridden by any type of conflict you can imagine. A war that has claimed the lives of more than 250,000 people and led virtually half the country to flee, become refugees and put their lives in danger to seek a better life. (1771 individuals were killed in October alone).
– A Yemeni flag. Of that small country in the Arabian Peninsula where more than 6,000 civilians have been killed due to the civil war and the Saudi-led airstrikes.
– A Nigerian flag, where the terrorists of Boko Haram have been kidnapping and slaughtering people.
– A flag of Palestine and a flag of Israel, where people are killing each other every day.
– A flag of Libya, which is becoming increasingly fragmented.
– A flag of Lebanon, where civil strife has left the country in political chaos. Where ISIS’s conducted terrorist attacks only two days ago, claiming the lives of 45 people.
– A flag of Turkey, where two ISIS attacks over the past few months have killed more than 150 innocents.
There are a lot more, but these would suffice for now.
Oh, and I hope that by now you realized this is not about flags.